Monday, January 02, 2006

Day Two: Winter in the City


Ok, Hopefully, I will at one point be able to delete the gi-normous one below this one.

My street. For those of you who wonder if they miss winter, imagine this before the plows came through! If we get another snowstorm, I'll be sure to post some post storm pics.

And I will post pretty snow pics, too.

My :P to Alfresco's very nice leading lines with pretty snow shot from his photo today.

I think the brown adds a nice touch. What do you think?

Edit: ok, blog is working when it wants to. I will get this figured out!

7 comments:

mike fairbanks said...

ok, for those of us not familar with cities? is that a one say street? or does everyone just park facing the same way?? or is it a canadien thing?

Ben said...

Brown snow's better than no snow! It only snowed here for about 3 minutes this year :(

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

oh brrrss... ugh..snow..yuck..glad it is nice here for a change. Sweet shot and keep it up!

Anonymous said...

It's raining here in Salt Lake, no snow today. You don't have to shovel rain.
Good Luck with the PaD

Edward said...

You know what would help this shot out? Just a *bit* more sepia toning, yet still letting a hair of color show through.. At least to me.

The composition has a lot of energy, that's the first thing I noticed. Nice way to get a really nice photo from a pretty mundane environment.

Anonymous said...

It's been raining here (Pittsburgh) all day. We guessed this evening that - if it had been snow instead - we'd be at 3 feet now. LOL. Hang on in there with the snow ... it makes you appreciate the other seasons more! Franziska.

Unknown said...

I keep saying I'm jealous of you folks who have snow, but this doesn't look like a part of it I would like. Dang, those streets must be slick!

I really like how this composition shows depth.

Well done