Wednesday, January 04, 2006

4: Grace


Ok, I'm lame, I posted this without the picture. *doh*

Taken of a houseplant that has its leaves leaning against a window.

I wanted to select it out and drop it onto a solid white back ground, but I got lazy, so I just left as is, with the screen and everything in it. I've decided it gives it character :-)

Practice with backlighting, since I don't have the means to do a good food shot (photographically that is). My SO and I can cook quite well, and we are often entertainment for our friends because it's one of the few situations we've ever actually argued with each other.

Tried to take the mundane and make it interesting.

Shot in RAW, fiddled with WB and brightened it waay up. Levels, saturation, curves and USM.

Cheers

7 comments:

Ben said...

Really great minimalistic shot. Very nice work :) Good one for the backlighting challenge :)

MattO said...

Simplistic beauty. I think its good that you got lazy, I love the clouds in teh background.


MattO

Edward said...

AHA! I remember.. I had said, before losing the comment earlier, that I thought it was a strong compositional shot with a lot of hidden energy.. the sweeping lines being one of the better aspects. I also said that I'd work on deepening the color a touch, but that's just me.

L2 said...

Beautiful sweeping lines - very interesting compositionally.

Laurie L. Black said...

Very nice! Lovely composition. It's wonderful to find subjects that work well right on our windowsills! :)

Vikas said...

Great backlighting shot, I like the sky too, I like the way overlapping leaves are kind of translucent because of the backlighting, it does wonders.

Beautiful shot, yet again!

mk said...

Okay, I'm finally here! (Still gotta add the link tomorrow.)

I like it the way it is with the clouds. It's fun and abstracty.