Sunday, January 01, 2006

Day One: Ribbit Quack Quack


Well, I've finally gotten this blog up after a bit of confusion (on my part)

I've officially started my PAD project for 2006 now with this picture. One of my goals this year is to shoot raw and get to know it a little bit better.

Shot in raw and some light PP. Levels, curves, little colour saturation... Resized and saved for web then a quick run through Neat Image.

So, there you go! I'd like to do some sort of theme, but I'm not that organized, so for now, it's just going to be trying to do a PAD

Cheers!

Edit: Several people have asked about the lighting set up. It's actually just a tacky halogen light on the ceiling. I shot at 1600 ISO, and fiddled with the WB and adjustments in the RAW format. I'd say the light was at about a 70 degree angle. It was not a strong light, which is why the iso 1600 and thus the ligth run through neat image. Maybe I'll post the setup tomorrow as my PAD :)

12 comments:

Ben said...

How did you light this? It looks really great. The vignetting is really effective :) Good luck in your project! :)

Kiyoko Gotanda said...

hehe, the lighting is just an overhead light! This was taken in my dining room with a piece of posterboard as the background :)

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

cute pad! Great start to a hopefully totally awesome new year!

Unknown said...

This is sweet. Made me smile. Love the lighting.

Great start :)

Laurie L. Black said...

Great shot! Lighting is wonderful! I look forward to seeing more from you this year! :)

Di said...

I really like this Pidge! the lighting is very effective :)

MattO said...

Wonderful lighting, and your models, well they Quack me up!! Great start to the year.

L2 said...

Looks like I'm last to the party with a compliment on the lighting! Shooting RAW is one of my goals this year, too, only I wasn't brave enough to start today.

Love the frog!

Vikas said...

A great shot to start the new year!! i agree with JP frog makes the shot pop.

just overhead lights - And I always thought we need those high end studio lights to create such a beautiful lighting.. this is an inspiration for not spending anything more than i should this year :)

Jen said...

I'll agree, the lighting is great. This made me giggle. There's just something about two ducks sitting with a smirking frog. :-)

Anonymous said...

How can you go wrong with a rubber ducky. Throw in a frog and even better.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Sectional sleepers sofas Ativan lorazepam wyeth Shemale .fr Xanax and anxiety fat girls clips xxx http://www.online-rent-payment.info/ativan-information.html free ringtones Fonts wedding invitations Tecnik built in fridge freezer Nh car insurance Hawaii pearl city tattoo removal Average income forex trading Dodge tattoo Teen titan hardcore xxx