Thursday, January 05, 2006

5: Transitions


Ok. I'm getting a jump start because I know today will be a busy day for me.

This is an old photo, taken around the same time as my Free Study on DPC. I'm very lucky to have the advantage of going to the country fairly regularly, where watching the seasons change is absolutely wonederful. Not only do the leaves change, but as it gets cold, the river slowly freezes, so I get to document the transition.

I'll be posting more of the river frozen over. There are more pictures of the river available here and here.

Since I've gotten my camera, I'm hoping to start a few projects involving this river, so I'll be posting those eventually...

I think nature is such a cool thing!

4 comments:

MattO said...

What a peaceful setting and yet it says so much. Thanks for sharing. Its beautiful.

Karen said...

Beautiful, love the ripples and ice.

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

Sweet shot! Very calming. Not sure how I missed your PaD's.hmm..gonna need an update.

Unknown said...

This is very pretty and peaceful. I like how it reminds me of fingers carressing the water from a boat or somesuch.