Sunday, February 19, 2006

50: Me


1.6 kilometers to 1 mile.  That's the conversion for those asking about yesterdays PAD

So, I finally got the courage to put myself in front of the camera.  You can ask my friends and my boyfriend, I HATE having my picture taken.  I always make a face and make everybody mad.

One thing I realized today: 10 seconds is not a lot of time to run in sit on the chair.  To add to wishlist: remote shutter release for my camera

No worries, I made sure the ice was nice and thick.  Minus 20 C weather helps as well.  So, this is me.

I'm hoping to make this an on again off again series of me sitting in a chair in random places.  We'll see how far I get

9 comments:

Edward said...

Watch you don't fall through the ice!

Come to think of it, that'd be a funny PaD.

MattO said...

Hey no fair, you said it was a self portrait! you need to be just a wee bit closer for that. I do like the random chair idea though.

Kekiinani said...

Great PaD idea as well as a great shot. I like it.. Maybe it is not close enough but I love the surrounding area, snow!! I dont see any of there here..... Very nice.. :)

Vikas said...

I like that the only thing colourful in the picture is your face, everything else including your clothes are in the shades of black and white!

So do you carry a chair around wherever you go?

Karen said...

Really neat shot, I think that would make a great series.

mike fairbanks said...

Cool idea, and well executed, I can't imagine living without my remote cord, ack, wow, prolly my most used accessory, other than the tripod.

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

brrrsss..you must life right off that river. Must be nice..LOL gReat shot!

TonyV said...

Beautiful picture.

And so much more you could do with it. A little further back so the whole shadow is in the frame. Much further back and it becomes a very good landscape. Much, much closer and it becomes a lot more intimate.

Peter Hoffman said...

i don't think you should be closer to the camera....I like it how it is, and your skin pops against the monochrome background....look forward to more of these.