Wednesday, February 22, 2006

53: Triptych


My first attempt at a triptych.  I used a Photoshop action that I found, and then it was basically drag and drop into the frames. 

This is at one of the entrances to Jarry Park in Montreal.  I suppose it's a welcoming figure of fun, sprintime, and happiness.  I like the little cardinal on its left hand.  The park is where the Rogers Tennis Cup is played every year.  It brings in the big names, Roddick, Agassi, the Williams, etc. etc.  It alternates every year between the men's and women's.  The other place it is held is in Toronto, I think.  It is also where the Expos used to play many years ago.  The park was so nice.  There was a hill with kids sliding down it, and an ice skating rink.  I really need to strap my ice skates on at some point this season before it's to late!  I wanted to take pictures of the kids sliding down the hill, but I chickened out.  I got a sudden paranoia of crazed parents chasing me through the park yelling at me.  So I took pictures of the scultpure instead.

I had my first paid job as a photographer today.  wOOt!!  I had a lot of fun, and I'm happy with the results.  It was a group shot, so I used the 'everybody close your eyes and open them when I count to three.'  Needless to say it seemed to work.  I have very few where someone has their eyes closed.  I used a fill in flash for the faces, which worked well.  My boyfriend has been kind enough to lend me his flash that he used to use with his 35mm Yashica.  Glad I had it because I don't think the on board flash would have been strong enough.  And no, I won't be posting shots from it.  Sorry!

I got about half way through commenting on PADs yesterday, and am hoping to get through the rest today or tomorrow.

You guys rock.  It's amazing seeing everybody's shots, the little pieces of your lives and how people see things through a camera.  Kudos to everyone!

7 comments:

Jon said...

Cool shot, I like how it covers the little details in the side frames.
Congrats on the job too, that must be exciting

Kekiinani said...

A paying job oh that is excellent!!! Congratulations... I really love your shot for today. I have tried this once and was not happy with the results. You have done a fabulous job.. Aloha, Renee :)

MattO said...

Wow this is soo cool. I like the fact that you found a drag and drop action to handle that. Never having attempted one before I might just try. Very nice.

TonyV said...

A nice idea that worked out very well. Could easily see that hanging on a hospital wall, giving cheer to little kids.

Vikas said...

I like the way your side shots shows the details of the center picture!

Congrats on your paid job, I am sure it feels great to be recognized as a photographer in cash/check :)

Thanks for the tip of closing the eyes, I have to try that next time I am shooting a group!

Karen said...

What a neat work of art, lovely photos of it.

L2 said...

Nice job with the triptych, Pidge. And congrats on the paying job!