Thursday, February 23, 2006

54: Liam



Ok, third time is the charm. I hate how I can't fix the size of the picture after you've uploaded when you are using zoto. ERGH. Hopefully, this time it will publish and be the right size

This is my friend's son, Liam. He just turned two on Friday. Happy birthday, Liam! He is a very sweet kid, and was generous enough to share all his toy cars with me!

I was fiddling in RAW Essentials with the shadow and highlight sliders, and ended up with this. I liked the effect, so I decided to keep it.

I love his expression in this picture. His expression seems much older than he really is.

And so everyone can see how sweet he is without a lot of post processing, you get to look at another picture of him, too!

9 comments:

Jon said...

Nice shots, the shallow DOF looks great.

Kekiinani said...

Oh what a cutie.. I really like the second one a lot.. :)

Vikas said...

Agreed with chuck, second shot is perfect. Even the first one makes a great profile shot! He does look more older in the first one

CalliopeKel said...

Great little model you have there. I love the mood you captured while photographing him. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

Nice job, Pidge. I like the second one best, too - great tones!

mike fairbanks said...

Ack this is a tough one, not sure which I like better, I think the unproccesed one, but then again that is a cool effect, how did you do it?

TonyV said...

I like both of these. And it is great that he is looking at the camera in both.

Karen said...

Oh, he is adorable! Great photos. I have a 5 year old nephew named Liam.

L2 said...

What a cutie! I think I like the second shot just a teensy bit better, but both are great.