Friday, February 24, 2006

55: OMG! Snail killed Kenny! You bastard!

Ahh, this seems to be working now

Well, this is a South Park reference, for those of you who may be unfamiliar. I had a hard time with the white, but enough tweaking in PS and RAW Essentials got me here

In regards to yesterdays pictures - I got the effect by sliding teh shadow contrast and highlight contrast all the way to the right in RAW Essentials, and that's basically it.

The link to the triptych plugin is:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1006&thread=16558217&page=1

Ugly link. To lazy to fix it and make it pretty.

The snail is a Hungarian porcelin snail I picked up when I was there a few years back. It is one of the things they are known for, and I love the sheen it has. They also make some with a cool red sheen to it, besides the green. They also do 'normal' porcelin as well, all very beautiful.

Rant On
So Zoto revamped their website. Which is great. But they didn't give much notice about it, and it included doing things like taking away the blogging feature and making it a feature that needs to be paid for. Thay are also changing the galleries feature, so that we don't get unlimited galleries any more. This is fine, but I can't find any info on how many galleries us non-payers get. Very confusing, and a little dissapointing. I suppose I will go get that smugmug account now. We shall see. I'm waiting to see what all the other tweaks are.
Rant Off

6 comments:

Kekiinani said...

The back ground it really great. I have a hard time with white backgrounds. Love the other colors and the South Park reference LOL.
Thanks for making me smile! :)

MattO said...

Ha poor Kenny he is always taking the brunt of abuse. I like the way you handled the background. Its a little dark on the left side compared to the right. But pretty good. Zoto has really made me mad thats for sure. They announced some of the added features in an announcement today. I shot my mouth off a bit back at him. I think I'll be moving my stuff soon as well.

L2 said...

That's too bad about Zoto, Pidge. If you are going to get a Smugmug account, I have a discount code link posted in my DPC profile you can use. I love them lots, and the print quality is just fantastic.

Your shot today made me smile. I haven't seen South Park in awhile, but I remember that I always thought it was hysterical how Kenny got killed in every episode. Nice job tweaking the white.

Side note: your word verification today (for me)is lkfol, as in Look Fool! :)

Unknown said...

Those bastards!

Thanks for the laugh :)

Michael P. Randazzo said...

OMG You made me laugh so hard, what a cute shot.

BTW congratulations on your paid shoot. I have one this week, I may get published this week and I sold a print, you know what all this means? Maybe I can even do this. LOL

Thanks for all your comments on my blog, they are greatly appreciated.

Michael

TonyV said...

Sometimes I have nothing to say, or add, about a photograph, or just in general. But this is to say that I have been to look.