Friday, January 27, 2006

27: Cold Noodles with Peanut Sauce


Just for Alresco, here is a cold noodle recipe with peanut sauce (with some comments)

1 pound fresh wheat flour noodles or dried thin spaghetti (I use Asian noodles, dried udon or even soba - buckwheat)
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup warm water
2 T cider vinegar
1/4 to 1/2 t cayenne (I usually use asian chili sauce: see note underneath)
2 t sugar
1/2 t black pepper
2 garlic cloves, crushed

Cook the noodles

While cooking them, whisk together the peanut butter (I use chunky) and water until blended. Mix together rest of ingredients. Drain noodles and rinse under cold water until chilled. Mix sauce with noodles.

Few side notes - I never measure. I just eyeball everything and adjust by personal taste. The sauce (before you add it) should not be to thick. If it is, just thin it with a bit of water. I like it spicy, so I dump a fairly large amount of chili sauce in. The garlic is raw, so if you're not a garlic fan, skip it.

Hope you like it!

I wanted to take a picture of them, but they don't really look that appetizing, so you get the peanut butter jar instead

2 comments:

L2 said...

Mmm, that sounds yummy. And here all I have is cold pizza!

I cook the same way - just toss and taste.

Unknown said...

ewwww.. It sounds awful. Cold noodles huh? Well the peanut butter looks good :) But then again, I like peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches and most people think that sounds awful.