Wednesday, January 25, 2006

25: Snow and Ice


Ok, let's try this again.  Blogger went down for a bit, so here's try number three.

I like the ice on the ends of the needles in this one.  Gave myself a nice little exercise in post processing with layer masks.  Two different layers of levels, and then masked out what was needed on each one.  Some sautration and hue, bump in contrast, crop, resize, USM and save for web

I realize I really like to take pictures of frozen things.  I love the things nature can do with it.

8 comments:

Di said...

what a nice clear closeup of the pime needles and snow :)

good color!

Laurie L. Black said...

Great, clean, crisp image!! :)

Unknown said...

Simple and pretty. I like.

mike fairbanks said...

Way cool, excellent detail and colors in this shot, next you'll have to start freezing things just to take pics of them. :-)

Peter Hoffman said...

I want snow, we're not getting a real winter this year.

ursula said...

Shallow DOF works well! Nice.

L2 said...

Ilove this one, Pidge, nice job.

Linda said...

Pidge - this is great. I love the simplicity and the beauty it offers.