Sunday, January 22, 2006

22: Windswept


Ok, it's not really windy, but the way the little pine is growing always make me think it growing in a windy area.

After the huge dump of snow yesterday, we had an absolutely gorgeous day.  So good in fact, my next few PADs will be from this weekend.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the temperature was perfect at right around zero degrees (Celsius) and not to windy.

Shot exclusively RAW, and while I don't think I'll always do that always due to lack of space, in this situation, it worked out well.  I was having a hard time with exposures due to it being so sunny and the snow being so bright and pretty.  I was blowing out highlights here and there, and with RAW, I was able to bring things a bit more under control.  I'm officially a RAW convert now.  Love it!

7 comments:

Edward said...

I agree with Nordia.. more focus and isolation of your subject is never a bad thing :)

Well... maybe not never.

But seldom.

Karen said...

Very nice shot.

Unknown said...

I agree with Nordia and Artyste. A closer crop of this little crooked tree would make a greater impact. I like it though :)

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

Awww..hmm..wait a minute..that is snow! hahah..great shot

ursula said...

I like your snow pictures! Very beautiful.

Peter Hoffman said...

I like this composition, but I think a softer light would help this shot (maybe at dusk or something?), as it is the shadows are a bit strong for my taste.

Linda said...

RAW - now we are getting brave! I have not done that myself yet. Guess I'm just chicken.

I like your little tree. I think a tighter crop to get rid of the brush in the background might work here. Just a suggestion.