Friday, January 20, 2006

20: Leacock 132


Had my camera with me at school today. This is where three of my classes are. Seating capacity is about 630 or so. On the left, there's a whole other mezzanine type section. It's quite big, and you can see part of the screens they put their presentation on.

What bugs me most about the size, is that kids think they can then do whatever they want in the back, include listen to music, talk to each other, and talk on their cell phones (I'm not kidding!).

So, there you have Leacock (the building) 132 (the room number). Not an amazing photo I realize, but school work is starting to pile up, and most of what I shot today were photo assignments for one of the school papers I shoot for. I got to take pictures of Robert Milton, former CEO of Air Canada today. I couldn't stay for the talk though. There was another photog there. Needless to say, I kept staring at his camera. Had a nice lens, too.

6 comments:

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

Dang, that is one big classroom! Great shot of the place. I could see myself down there dancing for you all..LOL

Karen said...

Ack! I never had to take a class that big in university. Thankfully I studied linguistics and English and French and the classes were usually 30 or less. Of course I went to a smaller university than you too. Good luck!

mk said...

Boy, I sure don't miss that scene!

L2 said...

You should have been taking notes, sister!

I wonder if someone else out there has a blog: "This is Leacock 132. Some people take pictures in class." :)

MattO said...

Holy cow now thats a huge classroom. I couldnt imagine having to do that. Coming from a small town our graduating classes rarely are close to 1000. Most around 600 or so. 30 In a classroom was alot. Thats too much for me.

Edward said...

Nothing like the *real* photo journalists showing us up with their fancy-ass equipment eh? Bastards.