Monday, January 16, 2006

16: Graffiti


Graffiti on a service door in a Montreal metro system.

I'm for tagging as an art form. I've seen some amazing murals done by graffiti artists in various cities in various places. Some of it is legal, some isn't. This, however, I find annoying. It serves no purpose (in my mind), and just makes more work for the maintenance crew.

I feel todays youth does need to speak out and make their mark, but in a meaningful way, and not through some random, meaningless tagging.

9 comments:

Di said...

i agree with you ... that type of stuff is aweful... when they do pictures and colours its gorgeous but thats ewwy

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

I agree! Kids can be so distructive..from painting on walls to hurting animals and destroying property with bats and such. Pretty sad the parents don't teach them any better.. great shot!

MattO said...

To each their way of expressing is different. Perhaps they are reaching out, perhaps they are just destuctive, I'd like to know the story behind some of the graffiti that I see. Good use of daily life into your PAD. Nicely done.

ursula said...

Yeah, you're right, graffiti cb be very beautiful. This is not the most beautiful graffiti ever :)

BTW, love your favourite movies!

Edward said...

Ick.. I don't *get* grafitti of this nature.. I mean, I've seen some damn fine artistic works, but this..

Not enough for our youth to do I guess.

Unknown said...

Yep I agree this kind of grafitti isn't exactly a work of art. Nicely captured though.

L2 said...

JP made some great points. I like this one. Nice job filling the frame.

mike fairbanks said...

Hey, what ya tryin to do, make us go blind, geez tiny pic! Cool subkect though!

Rupert said...

Love the colors of this one!