Tuesday, January 17, 2006

17: Redpath and Arts Buildings


Don't laugh. After doing Neil's advanced editing contest, and following various threads on gradients, I decided to try my hand at putting a gradient in the sky. As you can see, I was only semi successful. There is some funny stuff around the clouds.

I used magic wand to select out most of the sky. Made a new layer via copy. Keeping the selection, I switched to feathering at 30 pixels, then used grandient tool on the selection with a colour I picked. I think I set opacity at 30 or so.

Well, there you go. Not great, not ridiculously terrible either.

Feel free to tell me an easier/better way to do it.

Oh yes, and this is McGill University, again. DrNick's, my boyfriend's, and William Shatner's alma mater. One day it will be mine as well. Unless I flunk all my courses, which is why I will go back to studying now. The Redpath building is on the left with the red banner, and the building with the smoke is the Arts building. And the white stuff is snow, for those warm weather folks who may have forgotten ;-)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Nice pic, I'd love to visit Montreal sometime. I've only ever been in the airport on a stopover.

ursula said...

Nice to see pictures of Montreal. My daughter lives there.

I have no idea about adding gradients to the sky. There's been a lot of talk about that recently, but I don't know how to do that.

L2 said...

I know nothing about gradients, but it looks like you did a good job!

Quite sure someone as smart as you could not possibly flunk all courses.