Friday, March 17, 2006

76: St Paddy's Day


So this marks my getting caught up on my PAD. Next step will to get some comments onto those who have been morally supporting me through my mideterms. Thanks guys!

I went to a drop-in CV (resume) clinic today, and while I was waiting, what I think was the on campus day care kids dropped by. They had obviously spent the morning making green birron things and the hats and stuff, and we're doing a little mini parade through the various offices in the building. They'd stop and wave their little green streamers and say Happy St. Patrick's Day

As they were leaving, they didn't do much smiling, but they did do a lot of staring. I'm assuming they were staring at my fabulous camera :D

They are a little on the fuzzy side because this was indoors, and I didn't want to use the flash on them. Fixed these up in raw which made a huge difference.

While I'm not a supporter of commercialized holidays, especially ones like Valentine's Day, I will support St. Paddy's Day. Why? How many holidays are out there where you are expected to go out and drink beer? That being said, have a good time day, drink responsibly, and DO NOT drink and drive. Take a cab. Please!!!

And the final thought for the day courtesy of the comics page today: If you drink green beer, where does all the green go when it comes out the other end?

2 comments:

mike fairbanks said...

The heck with beer, Mr. green bear recommends Baileys!!!

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

Aww..cute hats.