Tuesday, January 31, 2006

31: Art exhibit


Well, I shot my exhibit at our Fine Arts Museum.  It's a collection of items from the Hermitage in St. Peteresburg.  I think.  I am so anxious about my midterm tomorrow that I took a bunch of pictures and then left without really enjoying it.

I like this particular shot because of the reflection in the glass.

So, I ended up not using my zoom 2.8 at all, but a tripod on every shot. I have to admit, being part of the press corps was great!  I don't think tripods are allowed normally, but nobody batted an eyelash.  Plus, there were no crowds, which was nice.  Got unobstructed pictures, and no reflections in the pictures with the glass.

I hope, next opportunity, to enjoy it a bit more, maybe even go to the press conference.  Stupid mid terms!!

6 comments:

MattO said...

Wow she lost her head. Shooting through glass is tough, but you made a great job of it, using the reflection to your advantage. Nicely done.

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

yes, you did a great job of not getting reflection. Excellent.

Anonymous said...

Nice composition.

mike fairbanks said...

Great shot, but what the heck is it??? Geez, talk about teasing us! Not sure about the inclusion of the reflection, but thats just a personal thing....

L2 said...

Well done, Pidge. This looks like it was a great experience, too bad you couldn't enjoy it properly with the mid-term pressures.

Remember, it's all about "balancing." :) (I'm assuming it was your accounting exam....)

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! http://www.giant-penis.info/max-willie-penis-streacher.html Piscines81.242.224.246c spas et saunas international brewing systems coffee maker idaho agriculture council malpractice and negligence legal Gucci ferrari Acyclovir 2b depression Art institutes culinary catering schools Barely legal gay anal Year mortgage refinance financial advisor Electric scrolling license plate frames How to replace dodge caravan air filter