Monday, June 19, 2006

170: Bokeh

This was taken at Torrey Pines State (National?) Park. The out of focus background is (I think) known as the bokeh, and in this particular picture, I think the out of focus flowers mimicing the curl of the main plat add a nice touch. To bad this was taken before the Bokeh challenge at DPC was announced.

That being said, the hard core people who are researching it would probably give this a Does Not Meet Challenge because I don't have little circles in the out of focus background. Well, I sort of do. Oh well

Back to Torrey Pines. Even though I'd grown up in San Diego, I can't remember ever going to the Park. It has some nice walks. They call them hikes, but the one we went on was more of a walk :-) Since it was beginning of summer, lots of flowers were blooming, so I ahd fun shooting them. Thanks to Emily for being so patient while I kept wandering off the path and stopping to get some of the shots. I didn't really wander off the path (I know that's bad), but I did step over the barrier to get that 'perfect' shot.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful flower....do you know what it is?

To JP: no she's an impostor, I'm the real thing. :)

Kekiinani said...

Love the flower. The colors are outstanding and I think it meets the challenge quite well!! You are all to funny on the real or not real Canadian comments.. LOL :)