Sunday, April 23, 2006

112: Intensity

This isn't my picture. It's a picture my mother brought back with her from Nigeria when she was there in the 60's. I'm 90% sure she took, but I can't remember.

The men are about to engage in a wrestling match, and you can see the crowd behind them. I've always loved the expressions on their faces.

It looks terrible because this is a snapshot through a frame, and thus the wonky relfections which I am to tired to PS out. Well, I would PS them out if I had the time and I knew how to do it. Knowing how always helps.

I just want to say something regarding my post yesterday. The people I was referring to (who seem to objectify women based on what they wear) are the ones who will swagger into women and make fake licking moves at them, or hoot and holler out the windows of their car as they drive. As Matt pointed out, looking at someone because they have a nice body, or work out, or whatever, is perfectly normal. Sexual selection at it's best! :-D I just wanted to clarify I was referring to the slimier jeers and looks. Looking is perfectly normal, and I apologize for not making that clear.

2 comments:

L2 said...

You are right - the facial expressions are excellent here. You can dodge/burn some of those spots out, I bet.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »