Wednesday, February 08, 2006

39: Breakdance


Shot for one of my papers tonight. There was a breakdance competition tonight. The things these guys do is amazing. So, I didn't want to bring my whopper 2.8 zoom lens, which is just as well as it would not have been wide enough. However, this needed some major work. Lots of RAW processing, exposure compensation, tint and colour balance adjustments, plus some fill light. Then into PS for some levels, curves and contrast. Then to neat image. I didn't want to use flash because these guys were doing the head spins and stuff, and I didn't want to distract. Someone else used flash though and I did get a cross flash, but the picture itself was crappy. Oh well.

I cloned out two gusy heads in the lower corners, and as you can see, I did a crappy job rebuilding the shadow, but it will do for now.

Got a handful of things, and all I can say is they are not print quaility, but I think they'll work for a print paper. Was a lot of fun to watch these guys!

2 comments:

ursula said...

Nice. I do like the shadow. It's funny how the hand is in there, in the shadow, I mean.

TonyV said...

Nice sense of movement.