Saturday, July 14, 2007

Grooming







AS I've posted earlier, there are green monkeys who wander around the institute. Sylvain and I were sitting outside working when we heard this odd noise. It didn't sound like a bird, so we went to investigate. There was a female sitting on a roof calling. She had an itch or something so at one point was scratching her leg at the same time.

Sure enough, a male showed up, and the two of them sat together on top of one of the buildings. The female groomed the male, looking for parasites and gunk on him. They moved around a bit, and then up into the trees, and then seemed to go their separate ways.

I had run for my camera as soon as we saw the female, fully expecting her to have left by the time I got back, and I was very happy to find out she still there!

Cheers

No comments: