Monday, April 10, 2006

100: Robin, and 100 days DONE!

Wow. I never thought I'd actually make it to 100 days. Granted, I'm not following the 'true' spirit in taking one picture every day, but I am uploading once a day (or so...), and I have to say, I'm learning a lot with this project.

Makes up for my crappy scores over at DPC. I'm developing a love/hate relationship with that site. I'm learning so much there, and have a great time, but it's sometimes frustrating trying to figure out what makes the voters there tick.

At least, with this blog, I get to post pretty pictures that I took, and that I like :D

So, one of the nice things about Central Park is there are a fair amount of mellow birds who are hanging out in the trees. Managed to not only change lens, but snap this shot before it flitted away. I'm not much a of a bird photographer, but I can see why people enjoy it so much.

There was another bird earlier that Steve (Pawdrix) and I saw, but from where I was shooting it just kept giving me it's nice feathery behind. This one was a bit more cooperative.

I think I can send at least one of my winter coats to the dry cleaners... Shhh don't tell anyone, lest it dump 2 feet of snow sometime later this month! Like I said, Happy Spring!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Spring to you too! Nice big robin you caught there. I was never a birder myself, but find sitting on my back deck with the camera at the ready is very relaxing, as I watch the different types of bird flit about.

Karen said...

What a great picture! Happy Spring!

Steve said...

I guess the Cardinal didn't happen for you? Mine was blurred but I got a few cool things bouncing around.

mike fairbanks said...

Very well put regarding DPC i share the sme attitude, and these Pad's teach us sooo much more! Btw, central park??? isn't that bird afraid of getting mugged for his birdseed?

TonyV said...

The colours really came out well.

My relationship with DPC is becoming more of hate and less of love.

kaye said...

Neat bird shot! I can't believe he was patient enough for a lens change! Happy spring and congrats on the 100+ days! :) Keep up the great work!